Warning to reader (if there's any). My blog may not contain fairy tales where all the stories are sweet and nice. If you feel that you're going to puke because of the emotional journey and negativity of my blog, find another damn blog to read.

Monday, October 10, 2011

When a Bell Rings...

There is a module that I'm learning this year called 'Analytical Measurement'. When, I first heard of this module, I was like thinking - "What the heck Analytical Measurement is??". As usual, I came into the first lecture coz I believe the first lecture is very important since it's gonna introduce what's inside the module.

Then, as the lecture coming to an end, all these words starting to appear. AAS, ISE, UV-Vis, HNMR, Mass spectrometer...... Daa!!! It does ring a bell! I've learnt most of these things during my time in IB in a Chemistry optional topic.

I'm really grateful. At least I have a prior knowledge regarding these machines. Woops! Instruments. One funny thing that I can still recall is what Chris's said. He said machines create things whereas instruments measure things. So, machine and instruments are two different things. Bear that in mind ya =)

Besides, this module cover lotsa statistics topics. I can somehow relate statistics to analytical measurements. So, again most of it, I've studied them in IB.

However, everyone could expect all these IB knowledge are probably rusty at the moment. So, I need to work extra hard to polish what's inside my head and to absorb new stuff. Haaaa, lots of work means lots of energy. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No maki hamun ok, dosa tau!

Post Hangat!!!! lol ;p